Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I BUILD BIKES!



I love to ride my bicycle.  LOVE it.  Now I am not one of those, get from point A to B, wear a helmet and reflective clothing kind of cyclelist.  On the contrary,  I meander.  I tend to do most of my methodical peddling on the sea wall where I can roam freely with the ocean by my side.  While listening to my ipod, I ponder the many facets of the world around me.

I love the sea wall and how I don't fit into any part of it.  I do not have a small dog by my side while on the Yaletown portion of my ride.  I do not partake in such horrible activities as aerobic bootcamp while in Stanley Park.  I am not one of the lovely old men who paint the same oceanscape day after day in English Bay.  I am not one of the decicated cricket players, in immaculate white who plays so diligently every weekend.  Still this juxtaposition of worlds, this not fitting in, makes my rides along the sea wall so intriguing.

No comments: